Sunday, June 3, 2007

It's a frame-up!

As I type from my home office I look around--on the wall in front of me is a radio station poster, the promotional art for a friend's book, a nice citation that I once received. To my left a blown-up photo of my girls circa 3 years old. To my right, a collage of teeshirt logos. What they all have in common is the artful framing done by Lynne and Rick Bigge of Village Art Custom Framing in Martinsville (732-356-2225). Lynne has an art school background so she has that famous eye for determining what shows off artwork best, while Rick has the precision ability of the architect that he is. When I meet with them I wish I had either more wall space or more art suitable for framing. They have access to literally hundreds of frames,a rainbow of matte choices and treat your item as if it was their own, be it a child's drawing or a signed edition. And not just pictures are framed; the Bigges have done everything from memorabilia and teeshirts to a famous racehorse's halter and a collection of signed baseballs.

No comments: