Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Dry My Car

When our friend Joe chided me for not taking my three week old car to a car wash a few years ago, that's when I discovered the Bridgewater Car Wash on Route 28. Owned and operated by the McFarland Brothers since 1976 (a good year for car washes: one of disco's trademark hits of that time bore the very same name), it is a multipurpose 7 day a week spot where you can clean-up and gas-up your car and eat-up too(a few years ago the brothers opened the adjacent Patriots Mini Mart deli and coffee shop).
There is a laundry list of a la carte services from which to choose as well as packages that range from the Full Service Deluxe to the Classic to The Works. Newest options include VIP washes. Now I am a Classic girl--hot wax, sealer wax, undercarriage, Armorall tire power-wash, $15.45--but decided to splurge for ten dollars more on a VIP treatment (the one that encompasses a mini interior detail) that left my car interior genuinely looking and smelling (no artificial "new car scent" here!) like an out of the showroom vehicle--I fell in love with my jalopy all over again. Well worth the extra shekels and I was assured the finish would last for a good two months or so (had it done a month ago and still lookin' good). By the way, the guys are staunch Giants fans (even the tips container is shaped like a mutant football!)

No comments: