Monday, June 25, 2007

Barnstorming

This is being written to balance out Saturday's rant if you will. Happy to read this morning (in the Courier of course!) that Pottery Barn will soon be joining the store line-up at Bridgewater Commons. I Love That Store! Bedroom #2 is a virtual shrine to their style (the pattern: Matine Toile in powder blue), which combines the best of traditional and country...or is it contemporary and that quirky sensibility called shabby chic? Anyway, something very soothing (at least to me!) about their products and how their collections go together and complement other furnishings as well. Between the "closed for remodeling" placard (rarely a good sign) posted at their upper west side/Manhattan location and the traffic jams caused by work on 78 by the Route 24 exit (my quickest way to the Short Hills Mall store), things were decidedly grim and I thought the only way to give in to my 'fix' would be by means of their catalog. And now...I cannot wait!

No comments: