Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The Wheel Thing

Our pleasant Sunday afternoon came to an abrupt end: as I was blithely loading my trunk with purchases from Bed Bath & Beyond and Old Navy in the parking lot of The Promenade in Bridgewater, my reverie was interrupted by a helpful voice. "Uh, miss, I think your right rear tire is low."
"Low" was charitable: driving not quite on the rim a more accurate description. Managed to get car home for a temporary infusion of air and made my way to Flemington Audi first thing Monday morning. Prognosis: two nails (I never do things one at a time--eg. twin children and go from there). Treatment: tire replacement which took all of maybe half an hour.
The reason for me to travel to my Audi dealer generally alternates between two must scenarios: it is either a routine visit (as in when the dashboard computer sternly informs me that I am due for a tune-up NOW!)or at times of greater urgency (such as this). However it is always something of a treat to go there, especially since they built a new building on Route 202 South, a structure that externally resembles a cross between a hangar and an atrium. Inside it has a spa-like feeling, from the self-serve Quattro Cafe to the lounge with wi-fi access and TV where you control the remote. And there's a children's play area just adjacent.
The service is always prompt, workmanship clean (another perk is the free car wash that accompanies tune-ups)and personnel genuinely strive to assure cars that run right all the time and therefore satisfied customers. And they get them. By the way, this dealership is part of Flemington Car & Truck Country. Where have you bought your car and why? Curious minds want to know!

No comments: