Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Cocoa Channel

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. No, this isn't a letter expressing devotion for my husband. It's my declaration of steadfast love (and, truth be known, lust) for...chocolate (I'm sorry, gentlemen, this one is very much a "girl" thing; I do rhapsodize just as passionately about guy things like golf. And remote controls. Just not this time).
I cannot walk past Lindt Chocolate, whether it's in the candy aisle at Wegmans, Kings or its own fragrant niche at Bridgewater Commons (cheek to jowl with Dale & Thomas Popcorn--but that's another column...) Intense Orange. Extra Dark Truffles. The 85 or even 99% (this one decidedly not for sissies). But, alas, I am a fickle lover; one level away in the mall I will not turn down a fresh-dipped strawberry from Godiva. A dense wedge of homemade fudge at Flemington's Penn Dutch market. The bittersweet bite of my favorite-from-childhood Droste pastilles (my grandfather used to slip rolls of them into my pocket without my mother seeing) in Minette's of Frenchtown.
As far as I'm concerned, all roads lead to chocolate; what road do you take? Tell me. I will travel almost anywhere for sublime chocolate! As my 2007 Lindt calendar says, "Life is too short for ordinary chocolate."

No comments: