Thursday, September 27, 2007

Friday on my mind

I can now count it in weeks, yes weeks! (eight, to be exact.Plus a day.) til Black Friday 2007. Oh bliss! Oh joy! Oh set the alarm for 2am! Nothing short of labor would keep me away--days after eye surgery this past year I was happily #3 on line in sub-freezing weather at Electronics Expo with a group of newly-discovered warm close and personal friends, all of us united in a desire to score a fantastic doorbuster bar-goon(Oh, did I mention this encounter took place by 2:45am?!)
We take the day very seriously in my household. It starts weeks before: emails from sites like Black Friday Ads, builds up to the Wednesday-before circulars and, finally, Thanksgiving night strategizing of who goes where and what we are buying. Typically Herb goes to Best Buy, Circuit City and Staples, while I head for Borders, Target and anywhere else I can sleepwalk into before 12 Noon.
Oh the adventure of it all! The countdown Has Begun!

No comments: