Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Rose by any other name

And this one is sweet indeed. If you're invited to someone's home during the High Holidays (good new year's wishes by the way)--or for any other special occasion--of course you are bringing some kind of hostess gift (this is probably the one bit of "visiting etiquette" my daughters will say I drilled into them from early childhood!) Right next door to Gabriel's Fountain in Martinsville is The Purple Rose. Wonderful source for lovely gift items that you just don't see everywhere. Lynda also specializes in Judaica (she carries names like Rosenthal and Tamara Baskin) and the myriad of Vera Bradley fans cut a path to her door! Right now is especially fine time to shop here--a 25% sale is going on (and I hope my Amy and Jim are not reading this--I got your housewarming present here, a stunning contemporary etched art glass vase by Stephen Schlanser). The Purple Rose is at 1946 Washington Valley Road; 732-868-9000.

No comments: