Thursday, August 23, 2007

Bedtime Story

Have you ever noticed how hard it is to enter a Bed Bath & Beyond and not leave the store with at least one purchase? The ubiquitous coupon that enters my home via the Sunday 'papers or through the mail always gets used especially since there is no expiration date (oh I know the coupons state "good thru xx/xx/xxxx" but, to my delight, when I once bemoaned clutching in my hand an expired one the cashier told me that it would still be honored!) I went to my local store (at the Bridgewater Promenade) today for purpose of finding clips to keep our duvet in place within its cover. Found those as well as three new pillows, pillowcases, a tissue receptable and one of those gigundo lollipops that are by the register (an area which always holds my attention as they have the most interesting "as seen on TV" gadgetry right there). And something new seems to be brewing; several areas are mysteriously curtained off with signs proclaiming the promise of new merchandise coming soon. I still have one coupon left...

No comments: