Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Tee Party

Every summer I go away to a destination that coincidentally is a golf resort. Consumed with guilt that I am not a golfer I always take one beginner lesson every year, promise the instructor and myself that I will keep it up when I get back home...and never do. Well this was the year I swore I really would do it. And did. Did you know that Somerset County's first--and only--virtual golf club and pro shop is a convenient drive away at 250 Route 202/206N in Somerville? At Raritan Ridge Indoor Golf Club there are five greens simulators so waiting time to practice your swing is just about nil (and each simulator spot is very private--for most people I guess to aid in their focus and concentration; for me, very relieved that no one could see my lame attempts to be Michelle Wie.) An on-site pro shop with all the latest products from Ping, Nike, Callaway, Titleist and others, sports programming on strategically-placed widescreen TVs and you can even check your email (Wi-fi hotspot). There are summer special prices (half hour $15, a monthly pass $59.99), golf lessons and of course when all the outdoor courses are under snow, indoor is the way to go--fore!

No comments: