Sunday, November 18, 2007

Dutch Treat

One of my favorite shopping destinations is the Pennsylvania Dutch Country Farmers Market in Flemington. When I announce to the family that I am going there they know that we will be eating very very well on my return. There's a variety of dedicated permanent stalls within the space including cheeses, candies and nuts, seafood, baked goods, produce, arts & crafts, handcrafted furniture, a butcher (we love their broasted chicken with sides of whipped sweet potato, creamed spinach and scalloped apple dessert) and a snacks concession where you buy freshly-made pretzels that put the commercial ones to shame (and in spring-summer they sell delicious spearminty meadow tea). Normally open just Thursday thru Saturday, there are special Thanksgiving week hours: Tuesday 10-5, Wednesday 9-6, Friday 9-7 and Saturday 8-3. The Market is located at 19 Commerce Street just behind the Shop-Rite on Route 202.And did I mention those pretzels?!

No comments: